Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Worry




The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity-packing, moving, tying up loose ends with support raising. As you may know, in the midst, I lost my phone and my computer died. This limbo state has been refining. I was explaining this on the phone to one of my friends who replied, “You don’t sound stressed about it.” I hadn’t realized at the time, but I was completely free from worry.
Naturally, this lack of stress was a gift from the Lord for my nature would seek to mistrust. What it comes down to is the sovereignty of the Almighty. We serve a Lord that has complete power and authority in all things.
He, the Lord, is not made by human hands or discovered by human thought. He is as he ever was and ever shall be. "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill.” (Acts 17:29) What security comes from this truth! The tides of earth have no hold over the Lord’s strength. The currents of our troubling circumstances do not hinder His will.
Clinging to this light of truth, I do not worry that I still have support to raise. I do not worry that I have to move out of my house by 2. I do not worry that I lost all my files on my computer. I do not worry! For God has it all. “Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the Light of the Lord.” (Isaiah 2:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment