Monday, March 28, 2011

Gifts #21-32

Another one of those nights where the day’s worries lap over into evening dreams. Frustrated still in the morning. But your Word comes through the blinds…”Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” Ps 143:8. I remember this and call to mind that your mercy starts over this morning. Your loving kindness doesn’t need waking up.
I speak to my soul.
Gifts pour through widow bright
I am redeemed and held to no lists
Letters from Grandma in familiar scroll
Quiet house, still sleeping
Easy remembrance of your great love
Brisk air, hold tight
Sleepovers with girls: pizza eating, boy talking, goofy dancing
Morning yoga that opens my heart wide and muscles feel alive
Painful heart moments where I can only run to my Reliever
Christ pursuing me in loneliness
Flax seed
Lunch with warm faces, laughing over weekend stories

I put my hope in you, my Lord

1 comment:

  1. I’ll be reading these thank you lists all week, so much good stuff. So sorry I’m late, it’s Wednesday, but I made it to yours and oh my gosh – that is so good – it really is good that God never has a grumpy bad morning – I never thought of that before. :0)

    and as for your thank you’s, this one is my favorite from your list this week: Christ pursuing me in loneliness (because it’s where he’s found me many a time)

    Thank you for your list. It was good to read it this day. God Bless and Keep you and yours.

    ReplyDelete